LET US BE A PART OF YOUR LEAN JOURNEY!
Our team is excited to hear about your interest in visiting Cambridge! Below is a message from Marc Braun, our President, as well as detailed instructions on how to prepare and request a tour.
"It is awesome to be connected with other companies around the world pursuing a people centric continuous improvement culture. The radical generosity demonstrated by leaders like you who have opened up their facilities to our teams has blown us away. We are so honored and humbled to do the same for you and your team and look forward to sharing the day with you!"
- Marc Braun
Our team is excited to hear about your interest in visiting Cambridge. Below are detailed instructions on how to prepare and request a tour.
Many have asked why we do these tours and our current answer is multi-tiered:
- Deeper Learning – When you teach you learn more effectively!
- Accountability – Others can hold us accountable for walking the talk
- Generosity – We are called to be generous and promised that our generosity will come back tenfold as long as it is done for others
- Network of Support – As you go down any journey like this, the path is winding. It is a blessing to have others pursuing the same path to encourage and to be an encouragement.
- Leadership Development – Every one of our people can share the story of our Lean Journey, which is unbelievable! Leadership development is the largest scalability issue for our business and so we are now growing leaders faster than we are growing the business!
Over the past 3 years, we’ve had visits from 200+ companies and have been working hard to understand how best to help people make the most of the time investment. We have structured two ways for you and your team to visit Cambridge as well as our preferred option by involving your company as a member of the St. Louis Lean Consortium.
Option 1 – Morning Meeting Experience
We recommend this option for those companies that have heard about Cambridge’s culture and engagement but are not sure how or if it will work in their workplace. This is a basic introduction to what we do. It includes a brief introduction with one or more of our Enterprise Team Members, a visit to our Morning Meeting, followed by a brief Q&A before departure.
This tour stresses our culture and employee engagement.
Time: 8:00 am – 9:30 a.m.
Option 2 – Half-Day Lean Tour
This event is an in-depth view of our Lean processes at Cambridge. During your time here, you will spend time with our Enterprise Team, attend the Morning Meeting, spend time interacting directly with our Team Members learning how they see and address lean products.
This tour is highly interactive and stresses lean practices. We recommend this tour only for companies that are on a Lean Journey and want exposure to other companies on a similar journey.
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 am
Offered: 3 times in 2020
Option 3 - St. Louis Lean Consortium – preferred option
Get more involved and learn from companies throughout the region. The Association for Manufacturing Excellence has a Consortium in St. Louis just for you! A place that lean practitioners can learn, share and grow together.
Here is the St. Louis Lean Consortium Page for additional information – https://www.ame.org/ame-st-louis-consortium